: i am sharp, very sharp i just know what im on about and dont spin crap like hillbilly does, test me mmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt.
A quick quiz, then...
1. If it takes 2 calories of fossil fuel to produce soy that will yield 1 calorie of energy, how many calories of fossil fuels does it take to provide the same yield from beef?
2. In 1960, 13% of Staphylococci infections were resistant to penicillin; how many are now resistant as a result of exposing the bacteria to penicillin as part of the mass production of meat?
3. How much of America's topsoil has been irrevocably lost as a result of livestock farming?
4. According to the USDA, how many beef cattle are tested for pesticide contamination?
a) one in five.
b) one in a hundred.
c) one in 250,000.
5. According to the current usage of fossil fuels in producing meat, the world would have 260 years production left if everyone was vegetarian. How long would the fossil fuel reserves hold out if everyone in the world ate a Western diet?
a) 130 years.
b) 70 years.
c) 13 years.