I am a junior at Harvard University, and I am writing my senior thesis on McDonald's marketing strategies. As background preparation and the focus of one of my junior papers (due May 12), I am trying to get a sense of how people feel about McDonald's and have made up a survey to accomplish this. I have posted the survey below and would be REALLY appreciative (!!) if you could take a few minutes to fill it out. The easiest thing to do (which also would keep everything confidential) would be for you to copy the text of the survey into e-mail and then respond to me that way. (My e-mail address is email@example.com.) Otherwise, if you prefer to send it back within the "Debate Room," that's fine too. Also, if you have anything else to add that you don't get across in the survey, please let me know. I would really appreciate hearing anything that you have to say. Thanks so much!!
1. General information
Number of children (if any):
Ever worked at McDonald's?
Approximate number of inhabitants in your town:
Approximate number of McDonald's in your town:
2. Are you a vegetarian?
3. How frequently do you go to McDonald's?
A. More than 1x a week
B. 1x a week
C. 1x a month
D. A few times a year
E. Only went once
4. When you go to McDonald's, what do you order?
5. What do you like best about McDonald's? Why?
6. What do you like least? Why?
7. If you had to use three words to classify McDonald's, what would they be?
8. If you don't eat at McDonald's, where do you eat when you want a quick meal?
9. Are there other fast food places that you prefer? If so, which ones? If not, why don't you like fast food?
10. Describe what you think of as the "typical" McDonald's customer.
11. How did you find this website?
12. If you are not American: Have you ever been to America?
If you are American: Where else have you traveled?
13. Describe your vision of America in one sentence.
14. Do you think of McDonald's as distinctly American? Why or why not?
15. If you are not from America, do you think that McDonald's has a special marketing strategy for your country? (Ads, packaging, products, look of restaurant, etc.) Does this make them more or less appealing?
16. Do you think that the marketing campaigns have impacted your view of McDonald's (whether negatively or positive)? If so, which parts were most effective and why?
17. Describe an advertisement you have seen for McDonald's.
18. Finally, is there anything else you would like to add? General feelings on McDonald's, suggestions for further research, etc.
Thank you so much for your help! Please let me know if you would be interested in receiving the results of this survey. Also, please note that any information you include here will remain entirely confidential (as long as you do not post it in the Debate Room, of course!)