'How many different Environments can you think of?'
- Ask pupils to pair off and research together.
- Feedback and expand ideas with another pair.
- Feedback to whole class.
- Discuss the difference between a rural and an urban environment, draw up a table of contrasts and comparisons and draw attention to the varying lifestyles of each.
- Personal experience of another environment apart from local one.
- Use spider diagrams to explore this area.
- Record personal experiences of other environments.
- Find a penfriend.
- Try to set up a penfriend scheme allowing the children to communicate with other children living in contrasting environments.