- ordering details from UK for McSpotlight CD ROM
- ordering details from UK for book 'McLibel: Burger Culture On Trial'
JUDGE FOR YOURSELF
'an image-conscious corporation's worst nightmare'
Columbia Journalism Review
McDonald's McLibel Multinationals
The CD-ROM of the website of the trial of the corporate burger giants versus
the postman and gardener.
The CD contains over 20,000 pages of information, including:
- the official court transcripts (all 313 days)
- 140 witness statements, from both sides
- legal documents (original factsheet, 800-page judgement, writ, statement of claim, counterclaim, appeals, closing speeches)
- 21 in-depth interviews with key characters and witnesses
- over 500 press articles
- resources for campaigners (including leaflets ready to print)
- 55 minute exclusive documentary "McLibel: Two Worlds Collide" by One-Off Productions
- guided tour, McLibel photo album, quiz, kids pages, animation, video clips, stuff for sale, cartoons, subvertisements and two full-length plays
- banned material from McDonald's previous legal actions
- 28 other companies in the McSpotlight
- interactive and fully indexed search engine
"A fine blueprint for all protest sites." - Wired
"It is claimed to be 'the most comprehensive source of information on a
multinational corporation ever assembled' - and that doesn't sound like an
exaggeration." - The Guardian
"If websites are the asteroids of cyberspace, surely the McSpotlight page is
its Death Star!" - Interactive Week
"The ultimate 1990's campaigning tool." - John Vidal
CD for PC only. Requires a web browser (Netscape 2 or above).
*** ORDERING ***
To receive your copy of the McSpotlight CD, please send your donation of
7 pounds sterling to: BM McSpotlight, London WC1N 3XX, UK.
Please make donation cheques or money orders payable to "McLibel Support
CD produced April 1998 by McSpotlight: www.mcspotlight.org
Not for sale
'McLIBEL: BURGER CULTURE ON TRIAL'
by JOHN VIDAL
(published by Pan Books, UK)
Paperback - updated to include the verdict and aftermath of the trial
Cover price: 5.99 pounds Available in all good bookshops
"an essential part of current history...obligatory reading for all
citizens" - Michael Mansfield QC
"John Vidal's excellent - and often hilarious - examination of the epic court
clash...enables us to judge the issues for ourselves...and to hope that the
law is not as McCrackers as it sometimes appears in this gripping book." -
Val Hennessey, Daily Mail
"Fast food, slow justice: an irresistible combination...entertaining and
informative." - Anthony Julius
The book can be ordered from both the McLibel Support Campaign* and
Veggies** for 4 pounds plus postage. Postage: 1 pound (UK), 1.50 pounds (Europe), 3 pounds (rest of the world).
All overseas payments by Bankers Draft / international money order in
British pounds please.
* McLibel Support Campaign, 5 Caledonian Road, London N1 9DX, UK
Tel/Fax +44-(0)171 713 1269, E-mail
Cheques to "McLibel Support Campaign"
** Veggies, 180 Mansfield Rd, Nottingham NG1 3HW, UK
Tel +44-(0)115 958 5666, E-mail
Cheques to "Veggies Limited"
Orders by VISA can be accepted by Mushroom Bookshop, and orders by any
major credit card or UK debit card can be accepted by Housmans Bookshop.
The charge will be the 5.99 pounds cover price plus actual airmail costs.
Advise them of your Card Number and Expiry Date.
Mushroom Bookshop, 10 Heathcote Street, Nottingham NG1 3AA, UK.
Tel +44-(0)115 958 2506.
Housmans Bookshop, 5 Caledonian Road, London N1 9DX, UK.
Tel +44-(0)171 837 4473.
NB. A US edition of the book is also available, published by New Press (New
York), ISBN: 1-56584-4114. The book is also available in some other