TO OUR CUSTOMERS
WHY McDONALD'S IS GOING TO COURT
- From 18 April 1994 McDonald's will go to court to stop publication of the leaflet "What's Wrong with McDonald's"
- The leaflet is produced by London Greenpeace, who call themselves anarchists and are NOT in any way connected to Greenpeace, the renowned environmental organisation.
- It contains many statements about McDonald's which are NOT TRUE AND HIGHLY DAMAGING
- The leaflet has been distributed worldwide since 1984. Its contents have been repeated in the media, schools and even a church magazine
- During that period, the group has ignored several requests from McDonald's to stop publishing the leaflet
- As a last resort, McDonald's is going to court to prove that the contents of the leaflet are untrue and to stop its publication
- This action is not about freedom of speech; it is about the right to stop people telling lies
For further information please write to: Mike Love, McDonald's Restaurants Limited,
11-59 High Road, East Finchley, London N2 8AW