Ronald ought to be afraid. Here are a few statistics to prove it.
1) 96% of Americans ate at McD's last year, and 7% is served each day.
2) McD's is the second largest retailer of Chicken in the US, ahead of Kentucky.
3) McD's is the largest owner of retail property in the world.
4) Mcdonalds is the largest restaurant chain in England, Germany, Canada, Australia, and Japan. And the most sucessful American retailer in the international market.
5) McDonalds plans to haave doubled the number of restaurants it owns in the UK by the year 2000.
Sources. i) Behind the Arches J.F.Love
ii) Daily Telegraph 3/5/97
Actually on second glance I don't think Ronald should be worrying about anything. You should be worrying about the £65,000 you owe him.