Previous Week's in the Media
Each week or so McSpotlight will be updated on how the world's press has covered McLibel,
McDonald's and multinationals in general. This list provides a succinct guide to previous weeks in the media.
Previous Week's in the Media
- December 5 - 18 December - This Week In The Media
- November 26 - 4 December - Infected Children Sue Over Lethal Food Bug (The Independent)
- 9 November - 25 November - McSpoltight Webbing the Barricades in Wired; Union Slams McDonald's Practices[Press Release from GMB]
- 29 October - 8 November - McLibel in Time magazine
- 18 October - 28 October - USA Today Special McLibel Case Nears End.
- 10 October - 17 October - Squall details McDonald's nefarious links with Police intelligence units.
- 3 October - 9 October - Viz and McDonald's; McMunchies and McLibel trial becomes the longest civil case in British history - Guiness Book of Records
- 26 September - 2 October - How we met, Helen Steel and Dave Morris, in the Independent.
- 19 September - 25 September - Big Mac Chews Out Little Mrs Munchie.
- 12 Septmeber - 18 September - Adopt-A-Store and SLAPPS.
- 22 August - 11 September - Mark Thomas' regular site to hang out: McSpotlight.
- 7 August - 21August - Big Mac in big trouble over late openings.
- 18 July - 6 August - Last year, 96% of Americans ate at
McDonald's; more than half the American population lives
within a three-minute drive of a McDonald's...
- 4 July - 17 July - How corporations are "flame-broiled"
on the Net.
- 27 June - 3 July - The second anniversary of the McLibel
Trial is celebrated in style.
- 20 June - 26 June - Squall reveals how McDonald's
is "gobbling the rainforests".
- 13 June - 19 June - The New Statesman runs a very
positive article on McSpotlight
- 30 May - 12 June - McDonald's 'used police sources' in
McLibel case, reports the Independent
- 23 May - 29 May - Red Pepper exposes Japanese racist myths
about 'healthy' McDonald's food
- 16 May - 22 May - A quiet week: 'An American Cowboy in
London' profiles McLibel witness Howard Lyman
- 9 May - 15 May - 'McMyths about McJobs': Strange
Spectator article defends low-paid work for young people
- 2 May - 8 May - Busy week, with McLibel featured on
satirical TV show and analysis of McDonald's stranglehold over the UK
- 24 April - 1 May - Highlight of the week: George Monbiot's
Guardian on the absurdities of Britain's libel laws
- 16 April - 23 April - Howard Lyman causes a storm on the
Oprah Winfrey Show when Oprah pledges to give up burgers
- 5 April - 15 April - A quiet week, but with interesting
legal analysis from Legal Action
- 16 March - 4 April - The BSE in beef crisis explodes, the
media is saturated with McDonald's decision to ban British beef
- 9 March - 15 March - Sensational five-page colour feature
in the UK's Guardian Weekend on the McLibel Trial and McSpotlight
- 2 March - 8 March - The world's press takes an interest in
McSpotlight - articles in USA Today, Observer and Legal Action
- 24 February - 1 March - Lots of mentions for McLibel.
McSpotlight makes 'Global Hero' for March 1996
- 17 - 23 February - Great headlines, media people: 'Big
Mac's Critics Connect On Line', 'Burger Giant Under McSpotlight'...
- 11 - 16 February - Our first week - not much press. Little
did they know...
Other This Weeks